If this venue is missing details or has changed operations, let us know and we will
investigate and update the listing.
Please include any website links supporting the requested changes
Approximately 86 km north of bangkok, this city was the thai capital from 1350 to 1767 and was a splendid city by all accounts. Prior to 1350, when the capital was moved here from u thong, it was khmer outpost. Thirty three kings of various Siamese Dynasties reigned in Ayuthaya until it was conquered by Bermese. During this heyday, Thai culture and international commerce flourished in the Kingdome. The Ayuthaya period has so far been the apex of Thai history - and Ayuthaya was courted by Dutch, Portugese, French, English, Chinese and Japanese merchants. All comers claimed it to be most illustrious city they had ever seen. The present day city is located at the confluence of three rivers, The Chao Phraya, the Pa Sak and the smaller Lopburi. A wide canal joins them and makes a complete cirle around the town. This is where the name of our restaurant has originated.