If this venue is missing details or has changed operations, let us know and we will
investigate and update the listing.
Please include any website links supporting the requested changes
The licensed club was formed from Western Suburbs Rugby League Club in 1953/54 and officially opened in August in 1956. The Club was formed to provide a meeting place and community center for the local rugby league community as well as other sporting groups.The original club was built on the princes highway in Unanderra and included the South Coast Cycle Club, Western Suburbs Cricket Club, Unanderra Tennis Club and the Cringila Cardinals Baseball Club. The Club remained on the highway until the current premises were completed and opened by the club's longest serving president, Geoff Fulcher, on the 11th of December 1965. Since then the Club has undergone several extensions and renovations so as to keep pace with the changing needs and expectations of the people living in the local community. Wests Illawarra is now the largest Club in the Illawarra.