If this venue is missing details or has changed operations, let us know and we will
investigate and update the listing.
Please include any website links supporting the requested changes
Subiaco was settled in 1851 by Benedictine monks from Subiaco, Italy. The area was home to a modest working-class population with an unusually high level of community feeling and a distinct town centre resembling a European village. The Subiaco Hotel was built in 1896 and became the meeting place for the residents-however the grand old building has changed over the years with verandas and the turret being removed in 1968 and its transformation in 1994 into a gastro pub with a mix of contemporary chic in old-world charm. The suburb has also been transformed into one of Perth’s trendiest with a mix of inner-city living, cafes and bars and eclectic shopping.